We have seen the major outbreak during FY 2018-19 was Pulwama Attack on 14th February 2019 and on retaliation Indian Airforce has carried Balakot Airstrike crossing the Line of Control directed against a terrorist training camp on 26th March 2019. Apart from this we have also seen Kerala Floods
During FY 2019-20 we have seen set back for Indian Politics where we have seen the demise of our veteran personality viz. George Fernandes, Manohar Parrikar, Sheila Dikshit, Sushma Swaraj, Arun Jaitley & Ram Jethmalani.
Apart from this the major events during Financial Year 2019-20 that has been compiled by the undersigned are:
- April 11, 2019 – Voting for the 2019 Indian general electionbegan
- April 17, 2019 – Jet Airways suspended all flight operations, due to lenders rejecting Rs 4 billion of emergency funding and its membership in the IATA was suspended. On 17 June, after getting no acceptable offers from Etihad Airwaysand Hinduja Group, lenders to Jet Airways decided to refer the company to National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) for insolvency proceedings with debt of $1.2 billion.
- May 3, 2019 – Cyclone Faniarrives on the coast of Odisha
- May 23, 2019 – Counting and declaration of results for the 2019 Indian general election. Narendra Modisecures landslide victory.
- May 24, 2019 – Surat Fire Tragedy; 22 Deaths and 17 Non-fatal injuries
- May 27, 2019 – Prem Singh Tamang of Sikkim Krantikari Morcha took oath as CM of Sikkim
- May 29, 2019 – Naveen Patnaik oath for his continuous fifth term as CM of Odisha after a decisive victory.
- May 30, 2019 – Narendra Moditakes oath as 14th Prime Minister of India.
- May 30, 2019 – Yeduguri Sandinti Jaganmohan Reddy of YSR Congress Party took oath as 17thCM of Andhra Pradesh.
- July 19, 2019 – Vidisha Baliyanbecomes the first Indian to be crowned as Miss Deaf World after winning the Miss Deaf World 2019.
- July 23, 2019 – ISROlaunches India’s second mission to moon chandrayaan 2. Mars Orbiter mission, suffered a setback on September 7 when lander Vikram lost communication with the ground station and crashes into the surface of the moon. Despite a hard landing, ISRO says its has achieved 95 per cent of the mission’s objectives.
- July 26, 2019 – The BJP’s BS Yediyurappa was sworn in for the fourth time as Karnataka Chief Minister after the fall of the 14-month-old Congress-Janata Dal Secular coalition in a test of strength
- July 30, 2019 – India bans triple talaq legally
- August 5, 2019 – Article 370and Article 35A revoked from Constitution of India that gives special status to Jammu and Kashmir. Government also bifurcates Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh into separate Union Territories.
- August 7, 2019– Over 1.32 lakh peoples are evacuated in Sangli and Kolhapur districts of Maharashtra state due to heavy rains. Schools and Colleges are shut down in Pune, Mumbai, Nashik in Maharashtra due to floods.
- August 22, 2019– Former Finance Minister, P Chidambaram is arrested by CBI under INX media scam charges.
- August 26, 2019 – The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on Monday approved the transfer of record Rs 1.76 lakh crore dividend and surplus reserves to the government, boosting Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led regime’s prospect to stimulate the slowing economy
- September 16, 2019— Jammu & Kashmir National Conference president Farooq Abdullah is arrested under the Public Safety Act (PSA), a law that allows detention without trial for two years.
- September 20, 2019 – FM announced a big cut on Income Tax Rate for corporates, slashed 22% for existing companies and 15% for new manufacturing companies.
- September 22, 2019— U.S. president Donald Trump and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi address 50,000 Indian Americans at the Howdy, Modi: Shared Dreams Bright Futures rally in NRG Stadium in Houston, Texas.
- September, 2019 – Centre announced it would merge multiple public sector banks (PSBs) and reduce their number from 27 to 12 over the next few years
- October 18, 2019 – India received first of the 36 Rafale fighter jets
- October 24, 2019– India and Pakistan sign a MOU opening the Kartarpur Corridor for visa-free border crossings, allowing Indian citizens to visit the Gurdwara Darbar Sahib Sikh
- October 27, 2019 – Manohar Lal Khattar takes oath as Haryana CM for second term. BJP, having 40 seats, has entered a deal with Dushyant Chautala’s Jannayak Janta Party, which won 10 seats
- October 31, 2019– Jammu and Kashmir (UT) and Ladakh (UT) come in effect.
- November 9, 2019– India’s Supreme Court rules in favor of Hindus over Ram Janmabhoomi temple.
- November 15, 2019 – Supreme Court approved the Resolution Plan of ArcelorMittal to takeover Essar Steel under Corporate Insolvency Resolution Proceeding. Finally, Essar Steel was acquired by ArcelorMittal Nippon Steel India Limited, a joint venture between ArcelorMittal and Nippon Steel Corporation
- November, 2019 – Delhi Records Poorest Air Quality in 3 Years & worst in the world
- November, 2019 – Maharashtra Government Formation with a dramatic turn of events. Uddhav Thackeray was sworn in as the Chief Minister, nearly a month after the poll results
- December 8, 2019– 43 killed in Delhi’s Anaj Mandi fire
- December 11, 2019– The Citizenship (Amendment) Act, 2019 passed by the Parliament of India. This triggered widespread ongoing protests across India and abroad against the act.
- January 27, 2020 – Agreement signed between Government of India, the Assam Governmentand the Bodo groups to redraw and rename the Bodoland Territorial Area District (BTAD) in Assam.
- January 27, 2020 – JMM’s Hemant Soren took oath as CM of Jharkhand being the largest party with 30 Seats and under UPA alliance.
- January 30, 2020 – The 2019–20 coronavirus pandemicwas confirmed to have spread to India on 30 January 2020 from China.
- February 8, 2020 – Pollingfor the Delhi Legislative Assembly elections held and election’s results was announced on February 11, 2020 with Aam Aadmi Party securing 62 of 70 seats to claim an absolute majority in the elections.
- February 23-29, 2020 – At least 53 people are killed in communal riotsin parts of Delhi.
- February 24-25, 2020 – S. President Donald Trump visited India for a two-day state visit, addressed a “Namaste (Welcome) Trump” event with Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Ahmedabad. Toured Mahatma Gandhi‘s Sabarmati Ashram and the Taj Mahal at Agra. Received a formal welcome from President Ram Nath Kovind at the Rashtrapati Bhavan Presidential Palace in New Delhi. Conducted a series of meetings with Prime minister Modi and other government officials, as well as Indian business executives.
- March 22, 2020 – Janta Curfew: India observed a 14-hour lockdown to prevent the spread of the Covid-19 infection.
- March 23, 2020 – Prime Minister Modi announced a 21 – day lockdown throughout India till 14 April to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- March 23, 2020 – Shivraj Singh Chouhan took oath as the Chief Minister of Madhya Pradeshon 23 March 2020 after 22 Congress MLA’s resigned along with Jyotiraditya Scindia resulting in the collapse of the Kamal Nath On 20th March 2020, Kamal Nath resigned as his government fell short of the majority mark
IP & CA